The Ability Hub invites you to come out and see what groups and programs are available here in Calgary. Come and get some new ideas and meet up with some of the wonderful people who run them.
- Describe how and why anxiety arises in the Mind
- Describe how our usual ways of reacting to anxiety are not useful
- Describe a simple Mindfulness process for responding to anxiety in helpful ways.
- Learn practical strategies for immediate use in responding rather than reacting to anxiety.
- Understanding the role of Medications in ASD and related diagnoses.
This presentation will address the common topic of anxiety and how it arises in our brains, mind and heart. We will learn that anxiety does a good job of pretending to be our friend, when in reality it just robs us of the very things we are looking for. We will use a simple Mindfulness process to look at daily worries ( friends, academics, transition to adulthood ) and how to ensure that anxiety does not get in the way of progress and growth. This presentation will include lots of time for questions as we go along and will be practical and solution focussed.
Dr. Allan Donsky, M.D., FRCPC Psychiatry, FRCPC Paediatrics
Clinical Associate Professor,Department of Psychiatry, University of Calgary
Adjunct Professor, Department of Child & Youth studies, Mount Royal University,