The Sinneave Family Foundation (Sinneave) is dedicated to improving the transition to adulthood for individuals with autism. The Directors Award honours the service of both current and previous members of Sinneave’s Board of Directors. The award acknowledges that specific experiences or equipment can support emerging adults to build independence or improve quality of life, yet certain financial circumstances may restrict individuals from accessing these experiences or equipment.
Value: For 2017, Sinneave will be awarding up to a total of $10,000 (individual amounts will depend on applications received) to individuals who apply and meet the eligibility critera.
Timing: For 2017, Sinneave will have one intake and award period for the Directors Award. Applications for the Directors Award will be accepted until November 15, 2017. Successful recipients will be notified by email by December 1, 2017.
Eligibility: The Directors Award recipient must be 15 years of age or older, have an autism diagnosis and be a resident of Alberta. Please review the Directors Award Policies prior to applying as the recipient or parent/legal guardian must sign a release of liability and waiver before the Directors Award can be issued.
Application: The applicant should complete the application form and submit via email as per the instructions below.
In a single email submit:
- The completed and signed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Application for Directors Award.
- Include a letter telling us about the applicant and their situation, what the need is, and how the award will help. Please be specific about the nature of the request and the approximate value.
- Include a letter from a third party (i.e. social agency, teacher, therapist) supporting the request.
If any information is missing or the application is incomplete, it will not be returned for completion. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If applicants have questions or require assistance completing the application, please contact Sinneave’s Resource Centre at (403) 210-5000 Ext. 2037 or email@example.com
It is possible the selection committee will want to conduct a brief telephone interview with select candidates.
Disbursement: Successful applicants will be notified via email and arrangements to collect the award must be completed by December 15, 2017.
Directors Award Policies
- Recipients may receive the Directors Award only once.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If any information is missing or the application is incomplete, it will not be returned for completion.
- Applicants agree that Sinneave’s decisions are final and Sinneave assumes no liability in such regard.
- Sinneave assumes no responsibility for any outcomes related to receipt of the Directors Award.
- The recipient or their parent/legal guardian must sign a release of liability and waiver before the Directors Award can be issued.
- If the actual cost of the request exceeds the estimate by more than $100, Sinneave may not be able to honour the request.
- Sinneave will not reimburse for items previously purchased.
- Sinneave will purchase the item directly from the supplier and gift to the recipient.
Download the fillable pdf application form here: Directors Award Application