IPad Bursary Program
The Sinneave Family Foundation (Sinneave) is dedicated to improving the transition to adulthood for individuals with Autism. Assistive technology like iPads can be used to support important transition periods across the lifespan, communication, and independence but sometimes due to financial circumstances individuals with ASD may not be able to access iPad technology.
iPad Bursary Guidelines:
Value: For 2017, Sinneave will be giving away up to 20 iPad mini packages (1 iPad2 mini, case, and $50 gift app gift card) to individuals with ASD that would benefit from assistive technology to support important transitions, assist with communication and build independence. The iPad mini packages are based on availability and may vary.
Timing: For 2017, Sinneave will have two intake and award periods.
Intake 1: Applications will be accepted up to June 15, 2017 and 10 iPad mini packages will be awarded by June 30, 2017. If more than 10 applications are received a random draw will determine the iPad recipients.
Intake 2: Applications will be accepted from June 16, 2017 to December 1, 2017 and 10 iPad mini packages will be awarded by December 15, 2017. If more than 10 applications are received, a random draw will determine the iPad recipients.
Eligibility: The intended iPad recipient must have an ASD diagnosis and be a resident of Alberta. Successful recipients may receive the iPad bursary only once.
Application: The applicant should complete the application form and submit via email as per the instructions below.
In a single email submit:
1. The completed and signed application form via email: To: email@example.com Subject: Application for iPad Bursary Program
2. A brief note telling us about who the iPad is for and how the iPad will help them.
3. A letter from a third party (i.e. social agency, teacher, therapist) supporting the request.
If any information is missing or the application is incomplete, it will not be returned for completion. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If applicants have questions or require assistance completing the application, please contact the Resource Centre at (403) 210- 5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Disbursement: Successful applicants will be notified via email. If an awarded iPad is not claimed within two weeks of notification, the iPad will be awarded to another applicant.
iPad Bursary Program Policies
- Successful recipients may receive the iPad bursary only once.
- If any information is missing or the application is incomplete, it will not be returned for completion.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If an awarded iPad is not claimed in two weeks, the iPad will be awarded to another applicant.
- Applicants agree that Sinneave’s decisions are final and Sinneave accepts no liability in such regard.
- Sinneave does not take any responsibility for the future use, care, condition, maintenance or damage of awarded iPads.
- If the recipient of the iPad is not the applicant and is over 18 years of age, a release and waiver should be signed upon receipt of the iPad.
For information about how to donate an iPad, click [here].