Dr. Fraser Mustard Scholarship
The Sinneave Family Foundation is pleased to offer the Dr. Fraser Mustard Post-Secondary Scholarship to students pursuing academic training in a program that supports improving knowledge in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). This award is named to honour Dr. Fraser Mustard, who added his wisdom and expertise to the early development of the Sinneave Family Foundation. He served as a founding Board Member from 2008-2011. Dr Mustard, who passed away in 2011, was a medical trail-blazer, a child development pioneer, and founding member and former Dean of the Micheal G. DeGroote School of Medicine at McMaster University. Dr. Mustard called worldwide attention to the importance of the early years of life and that early childhood experiences shape human development across the lifespan.
Purpose: To honour Dr. Fraser Mustard’s many contributions and memory with an annual Scholarship to an individual pursuing a post-secondary academic program in a field that supports and furthers the knowledge and/or research of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD).
Value: $5000 – One scholarship per annum.
Eligibility: The applicant must be a resident of Alberta, attending a post-secondary academic program at an Alberta college or university, in a field of study that supports and furthers the knowledge and/or research of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Successful recipients may receive the Scholarship only once.
Application: The applicant should download and complete the fillable application form (pdf) including all of the following information, and submit via e-mail as per instructions below:
- Applicant’s full contact information including name, address, phone number and email address.
- Information on the course of study for the ensuing university/college year and how the applicant’s career pathway directly or indirectly relates to ASD.
- An essay (750 words maximum), from the applicant indicating:
- Why they are interested in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Why they should be considered for this scholarship.
- A description of the applicant’s volunteer activities, special interests and accomplishments, etc.
- Academic transcripts covering the last two years of study must also be attached to e-mail.
It is possible the selection committee will want to conduct a brief telephone interview with select candidates.
Submit: The candidate must submit the required application form via email by May 31, 2017
Subject: The Sinneave Family Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee
Disbursement: Applicants will be notified of the results of the competition in August. The award will be disbursed in November after the recipient provides proof of enrolment to the Sinneave Family Foundation. A T4A will be issued for the amount of the scholarship.
Application and submission guidelines are available on our website at www.theabilityhub.org
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org