Launch Into Life! Workshops
Transitioning into adulthood and the community beyond high school can be challenging for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
Comprehensive transition planning can help to manage the challenges during this time and maximize the potential for each person to live a full and meaningful life.
The Launch Program at the Ability Hub was developed to help families prepare for and respond to key life transitions, and to guide the journey from adolescence to adulthood.
We are excited to announce a NEW workshop series called Launch into Life!
Launch into Life! workshops will help families create an Individualized Transition Plan for their child and provide valuable information about the following topics:
- Understanding and preparing for key transitions across the lifespan
- Managing health and mental health issues in ASD
- Navigating the change from pediatric to adult health and support care systems
- Finding the right social and recreational programs in the community for your child
- Creating a shared vision for your child’s future
- Developing life and vocational skills
- Exploring volunteer and work opportunities
- Understanding housing and supportive programming options in adulthood
- Legal and Financial issues including guardianship and program funding
Dates: Thursday, January 18 and 25, 2018 (6:30 pm to 8:30 pm)
Cost: $50 (includes program materials, Transition Resource Guide and parking in Lot 54)
Location: The Ability Hub (3rd floor, 3820-24th Ave NW, Calgary)
For further information call 403.210.5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org