Launch™ Materials – Acceptable Use Guidelines
Launch™ is a trademark that relates to transition planning activities and materials for emerging adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) developed at The Sinneave Family Foundation (Sinneave). This document outlines the acceptable use of Launch™ materials by third parties. The materials and activities include:
Prepare to Launch – A Resource Guide
- The Resource Guide was designed with core content that relates to transition planning and includes a resources appendix that contains geographically relevant material and resources.
Launch into Life! Workshop
- The workshop series was created as one method of connecting with families in person to build awareness of the need and importance of transition planning and to work through the process of transition planning using the Prepare to Launch Resource Guide.
Launch into Life! Facilitator Manual
- The Facilitator Manual was created to bring together various tools and worksheets used by Sinneave, for anyone developing a workshop style approach to supporting parents and individuals in transition planning. The Manual does not intend to suggest that this is the only approach to conducting a workshop or supporting families.
Permission to use the Launch™ logo only extends to materials described in the licence agreement.
Launch™ materials and activities are intended to provide information and navigation support to individuals and families to help support the transition to adulthood by:
- Helping families create individualized transition plans that improve their ability to prepare for and negotiate transitions to and through adulthood in the (5) domain areas.
- Navigating families to community resources and tools to achieve goals.
- Connecting families to each other and creating an ongoing support network.
Acceptable Use of Materials and Processes
Launch materials and activities are free to use either personally or in a group setting, and can be adapted to suit your local geography. For personal use, no license is required. For group settings, a free licence is required. A simple and quick process is outlined below that will allow you to access or adapt these materials.
Select the appropriate option/license:
Sinneave offers a free, non-exclusive license for individuals/organizations who would like to use and/or distribute any of the Launch™ materials in a group setting.
The free license can be obtained by downloading, signing and then uploading the licence agreement.
Adapting materials for local settings – free license required
It is permissible to adapt the Launch™ materials to include local content and resources by following the process outlined below.
Process to adapt materials to include local resource sections
- A free License must be signed. The free license can be obtained from this website by clicking here IT Process – Provide Licence Agreement via the hyperlinked button
- The site who is seeking to produce a local version of the guide/facilitator manual will seek permission by sending an email to email@example.com
Signed copies to go Katelyn for signing and e-filing. Katelyn will send word copy of Resource Guide and PDF’s of other materials and link to survey
- Sinneave will then provide by email:
- A modifiable version of the guide/manual in order to allow you to make edits to add geographically relevant content.
- Templates for required referencing within the document.
- You may then go ahead and add your own geographically relevant content to the guide using the tracked changes function so that edits are visible.
- Your edited version with tracked changes, must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for review and authorization of changes.
- Once changes have been authorized, you are then free to publish your version (e-copy or hard copy).
- We will ask you to share back your locally adapted published copies with Sinneave (including local resource lists), along with how you would like to have your work acknowledged, so that we may share it on our website.
Sinneave is committed to working with you to build a community of practice in the area of transition planning. In order to evaluate our shared reach and impact, Sinneave will provide you a survey link with your signed license that we would ask each attendee of Launch into Life! workshops to complete. The short survey will allow us to measure use, improve and update content and evaluate the impact of this material. A component of the survey will measure whether participants of workshop sessions met the intended objectives of the program (outlined in the objectives section).
We appreciate your support and efforts in seeking survey participation from workshop attendees as together they will influence potential revisions and the development of new content.